Saturday, August 15, 2009

DWright Injured - Oh No!

Just as I was preparing to start writing, my poor, poor David Wright was hit in the head by a pitch! Here in Philly, the Mets game is blacked out on my Extra Innings since Fox has all the rights to 4pm games. I saw the replays of it during my Phils game, and I feel terrible for him. He's my all-time favorite third baseman, and all around favorite outside of the Phillies. I sincerely hope he's fine and not blind or anything. I'm gonna try to keep getting updates throughout the day on him. I've been saying for week now that he's got a big ol red X on his back, since he's been the only Met starter to start every game this season. I didn't think he'd actually get really hurt!! Why couldn't he have made a silly misstep like falling down the dugout stairs a la Luis Castillo?? Poor DWright. As much as I want to see the Mess fail&DWright do well, I never ever want to see anyone seriously hurt. In the end, it's just a game.

In other "hit in the face" news, Brett Myers is out of today's game for the same reason. Apparently he was hit in the face by a ball at his son's game? That's New York Mess kind of luck. Not the kind we need!

At least if DWright is out for a few games, it'll save me some serious channel flipping between the games to see how he's doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment