Thursday, August 13, 2009

I Had a Good Run of Health...

I know this lil blog here is still just a baby, but there's a reason I haven't even attempted to update as much as I've wanted to.

In June I managed to twist my knee, and limped on my left leg to compensate. Well, like Philadelphia's oft-insane losses, I hurt myself in comical, ridiculous ways. The stress caused me to fracture the bone that goes over the top of my toes on my left foot. If I left it go just two days longer, it would have broken clean through the skin and severed the tendon that allows the rest of me to feel my toes. Gory, eh?

I did catch it in time, and am now rockin' a lovely black Velcro medical boot up to my knee for the next eight weeks!! It's definitely ridiculous. It's earned me the nickname RoboCop, as well as unending recitations of "We can rebuild him..." from The Six Million Dollar Man. This big ol' boot has made me the insta-terminator for all the lovely waterbugs and roaches that scurry around the outdoors of South Philly. (We used to be a swamp!)

I've been busy sleeping off the pain and elevating/icing it, and finishing up classes. I also work so on top of all of that, I just have had no time to post. I hope to get back as soon as I can though, y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment